Monday, September 15, 2008

Love, I'm still finding out....

For some reason this has been a topic that has been on my mind all summer. True Love, what is it? In media and movies, it may seem quite clear. Boy + Girl = Love. However, it is a growing concern to me how love is portrayed in the movies.

Sure the first time the boy and the girl kiss, there's that fuzzy feeling. Almost a longing, for that same thing. I know as a teenager, I'm guilty of it myself. The shocking reality hit me one day, this isn't love at all. It's simply lust. All feeling, no commitment.

True love goes beyond the feeling, its about the commitment two people have to one another. Somedays they might feel deeply in love, someday's they may feel almost nothing, but the commitment stays strong regardless.

True love is not one-sided. You can't be in love with someone who doesn't love you back. You may really really like them, but it's not love.

This is something I'm striving for. I want more than just the fuzzy lovey dovey feeling love, I really want God's best for my life, God's love. I want to be able to find joy in my singleness, and enjoy God's perfect love, better than any movie, better than life.

Easier said than done of course, but I'm working on it.

No comments: